Kim Lipsey is the Coordinator of Education Services for Health Information Resources at Washington University’s Bernard Becker Medical Library and has worked here since 1993. In addition to her reference duties, she has developed a number of classes for the Library’s Education Series covering major Internet protocols. She now teaches a popular course on the use of EndNote, a file management program. As liaison to several departments Kim serves an integral role in fostering long life learning skills. In 2004, Kim was awarded the Bernard Becker Medical Library Bright Idea Award and she coordinated the Becker Library’s 2005 Open House/Symposium on Managing Knowledge in the Digital Domain.
In addition, Kim was a speaker at the Academic Publishing Services Workshop in May 2005, Strategies for Manuscript Publishing 3: Creating Figures, Tables and References, and Considering Copyright and Ethics, EndNote vs Reference Manager.
In 2002, Kim conducted a training session, Using EndNote for Managing a Bibliography at the Health Service Research Methods Seminars which are held in conjunction with the AcademyHealth Annual Meeting. More recently, she presented a session on the Basic Function of Endnote at the workshop: “FROM RESEARCH TO PRESENTATION” sponsored by the Becker Library.
In 1997, Kim co-authored a paper presented at the Internet Librarians Conference in California on Program Design for Internet Training. She also presented a paper at the 2002 Diversity Building a Strategic Future Conference at University of Iowa; Another Dimension of Diversity: Interactions Among Minority Librarians. Previously, she worked as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, where she taught an information technology class in the Communications Department. On a national level she presented two posters at the 2010 National Conference of African American Librarians "Culture Keepers VII: Bridging the Divide with Information Access, Activism and Advocacy" on Embedding Librarians with Liaison Departments and Library Collaborations: Library Services for Unique Communities.
- Conner SN, Bedell V, Lipsey K, Macones GA, Cahill AG, Tuuli MG. Maternal Marijuana Use and Adverse Neonatal Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Obstetrics and gynecology. 2016;128(4):713-723.
- Gebara MA, Lipsey KL, Karp JF, Nash MC, Iaboni A, Lenze EJ. Cause or Effect? Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Falls in Older Adults: A Systematic Review. The American journal of geriatric psychiatry : official journal of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. 2015;23(10):1016-1028.
- Gebara MA, Shea ML, Lipsey KL, et al. Depression, antidepressants, and bone health in older adults: a systematic review. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2014;62(8):1434-1441.
- Greenberg JK, Milner E, Yarbrough CK, et al. Outcome methods used in clinical studies of Chiari malformation Type I: a systematic review. Journal of neurosurgery. 2015;122(2):262-272.
- Wang L, Lipsey K, Murray C, Prendergast N, Schoening P. The Bioinformatics Program at Washington University's Bernard Becker Medical Library: making it happen. Medical reference services quarterly. 2007;26(2):87-98.
- Wong AWK, Chang TT, Christopher K, et al. Patterns of unmet needs in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors: In their own words. Journal of Cancer Survivorship. In Press.
- Yarbrough CK, Ong CJ, Beyer AB, Lipsey K, Derdeyn CP. Endovascular Thrombectomy for Anterior Circulation Stroke: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Stroke. 2015;46(11):3177-3183.
- Zozula A, Carpenter CR, Lipsey K, Stark S. Prehospital emergency services screening and referral to reduce falls in community-dwelling older adults: a systematic review. Emergency medicine journal : EMJ. 2016;33(5):345-350.
- Roach A, Warner WA, Llanos AA. Building capacity for human genetics and genomics research in Trinidad and Tobago. Revista panamericana de salud publica = Pan American journal of public health. 2015;38(5):425-430.
- Santosa KB, Fattah A, Gavilan J, Hadlock TA, Snyder-Warwick AK. Photographic Standards for Patients With Facial Palsy and Recommendations by Members of the Sir Charles Bell Society. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2017.
- Tarawneh R, Head D, Allison S, et al. Cerebrospinal Fluid Markers of Neurodegeneration and Rates of Brain Atrophy in Early Alzheimer Disease. JAMA neurology. 2015;72(6):656-665.
- Warner WA, Martin DN, Lee TY, et al. Patterns of Cancer Incidence and Mortality Rates and Trends in Trinidad and Tabago. Poster Presented at: Washington University in St. Louis, Institute For Public Health. 2016.
- Warner WA, Sookdeo VD, Umakanthan S, et al. Rare nodular malignant melanoma of the heel in the Caribbean: A case report. International journal of surgery case reports. 2017;30:172-176.
- Kienzle M. High flow nasal oxygen does not reduce intubation in children with respiratory failure. Pediatrics Resident, St. Louis Children's Hospital. 2016.
- Lipsey KL. Using a Poster Series to Highlight Notable African Americans in Science. Meet at the Gateway: Reimagining Communities, Technologies, and Libraries. Poster Presented at: 9th National Conference of African American Librarians; 2015 Aug 4-8; St. Louis, MO. 2015.
- Lipsey KL. Embedding Librarians with Liaison Departments. Culture Keepers VII: Bridging the Divide with Information Access, Activism and Advocacy. Poster Presented at: 7th National Conference of African American Librarians; 2010 Aug 4-8; Birmingham AL.
- Lipsey KL. Library Services for a Unique Community: TRIO Library Collaboration. Culture Keepers VII: Bridging the Divide with Information Access, Activism and Advocacy. Poster Presented at: 7th National Conference of African American Librarians; 2010 Aug 4-8; Birmingham AL.
- 50x50 Missouri Poster Exhibition
January 3, 2017
- Earn CME Credits offered through Becker Medical Library
October 28, 2015
- Learn about accessing and using EndNote
July 29, 2014