Becker Library and staff are ready to better serve the informational and educational needs of our entire community through active participation and innovative services at the levels you desire.
Becker’s cadre of experienced librarians will work with faculty/instructors in collaborative efforts to:
- Incorporate/integrate the most appropriate information resources and information technology skills for the educational purpose of each course.
- Tailor these activities in advance of or during the course, as the librarian and faculty/instructor participate in regular communication and discussion.
- Teach large or small groups how to access and use varying online resources available at Becker or via Internet resources that will enhance information seeking skills.
- Help students/faculty/instructors learn how to critically analyze and evaluate information obtained from books/journals/online.
Information literacy and information management skills can best be introduced to students and faculty if linked to:
- Specific assignments in the context of course work
- Clinical experiences
- Topical subject disciplines.
For more information and questions/concerns please contact the Health Information Services desk, 314-362-7085.