Health Literacy and Communication Services
The complexity of health information can be overwhelming to many patients and research participants. The Becker Medical Library offers a variety of services and resources to assist clinicians, investigators, and students with improving written materials so they are easier to understand and programs to help you address the impact of literacy, culture, and language in the health care setting.
For more information, please contact Mychal Voorhees.
Simplify your written materials.
We can help you tailor and simplify a wide variety of materials, such as:
- Study recruitment materials and consent forms
- Data collection instruments
- Website text for patients and study participants
- Documents for reporting research results to the community
- Patient-information materials/handouts
Strengthen your communication effectiveness.
We can provide:
- Customized presentations on a variety of health literacy topics
- Trainings in empathy, teach-back, and other communication skills
- Guidance on simplifying numbers and data for general audiences
- One-on-one consultations in the above areas