Health information is inherently complex and can, therefore, be overwhelming to many patients and research participants. Becker Medical Library offers a variety of services and resources to assist clinicians, investigators and students with making written materials easier to understand and to address the impact of literacy, culture and language in the health care setting.
For more information, please contact Mychal Voorhees at (314) 362-4734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Literacy and Plain Language Review Service
Our Health Literacy and Plain Language Review Service can help you tailor and simplify a wide variety of materials, including:
- Study recruitment materials and consent forms
- Data collection instruments
- Website text for patients and study participants
- Documents for reporting research results to the community
- Patient-information materials and handouts
View the Health Literacy and Plain Language Review Service
Health Communication Trainings and Consultations
We offer customized presentations on a variety of health literacy topics as well as one-on-one consultations. These services can help you become a more effective health care communicator through:
- Trainings in empathy, teach-back and other communication skills
- Guidance on simplifying numbers and data for general audiences