Pardon our construction! During Summer renovations, computer access will be extremely limited. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the Information Services Desk if you have questions about current availability.
Computer Workstations and Research Pod
The eight computer workstations on the south end of the first floor are for WashU/Medical Center students, faculty and staff only – a WUSTL Key username and password or BJC-net login is required for sign-in. The workstations feature standard office productivity and web browser applications.
The Research Pod is a cluster of customized Macs and PCs on the west side of the library’s first floor that provide free access to a core set of statistical, research, and presentation software packages. Visit the Research Pod page for more information.
Rules for Computer Use
We ask that patrons abide by the following rules when using computers provided by Becker Library:
- Becker Library computers are for work related to health care and biomedical research only.
- Priority access will be given to the Washington University and Washington University Medical Center community.
- Individuals not associated with Washington University or the Washington University Medical Center who use these computers for other purposes will be asked to leave.
Wireless Internet Access
Secure Wireless Networks
- WUSM-secure – Washington University School of Medicine students, as well as non-student users migrated to Shared IT Services, can log onto the WUSM-secure network with their WUSTL Key accounts. WUSM affiliates not yet migrated to Shared IT Services should contact their IT helpdesk for assistance with connecting to WUSM-secure.
- Eduroam – All Washington University affiliates can log onto the Eduroam network with their WUSTL Key credentials.
Guest (Non-Secure) Wireless Network
Visitors in the Medical Library can access the Guest open wireless network if their devices have built-in or added wireless network capability.
Patrons may print from a Becker Library computer workstation. See Print and Copy for more.
Becker Medical Library licenses and supports many different types of commercially available software. Some are web-based and others are available at specific computer workstations in the library. Please visit the Software page for a comprehensive list of the titles and information on where they can be accessed.