Nurses Week is May 6-12, 2019. In celebration, Becker Library Archives will host a special exhibit featuring nursing-related items including photographs, uniforms and yearbooks that commemorate the history of nursing at Washington University Medical Center. Stop by on Thursday, May 9, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., to see the exhibit.
We also encourage our nursing partners at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital to check out our nursing-related resources. Following are five tips for locating clinical information to facilitate evidence based care on your unit:
- Download the UpToDate mobile application.
- Search and access full-text articles using Cinahl Complete.
- Get involved! Learn how you can help drive changes on your unit by taking an introductory class on evidence based practice, join the Evidence Based Practice committee, or contact a researcher in the Department of Research about starting a research or an EBP project on your unit.
- Create an email alert for new articles published on a topic of interest or in your favorite nursing journal by signing up for an NCBI account or an EbscoHost user account.
- Contact Laura Simon at email@example.com (BJH nurses) or Emily Gallaher at firstname.lastname@example.org (SLCH nurses) for research help or to request assistance with a literature search.
Happy Nurses Week to our awesome medical center nurses!