Mobile medical apps are a critical tool in the modern clinician’s reference, diagnostic and teaching toolbox. Becker Library’s newly redesigned Medical Apps Resource Guide provides a comprehensive list of medical apps that the library provides free of charge for the medical school community. On the guide, you will find information and installation/access instructions for apps including:
- UpToDate – Evidence-based clinical summaries and treatment recommendations (provided in partnership with BJC)
- UnBound Medicine/uCentral – Includes the Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, 5-Minute Clinical Consult, and Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
- Clinical Key – Thousands of full-text Elsevier e-book and journal titles, along with point-of-care information from First Consult
- Read by QxMD – Mobile-friendly, “one tap” access to full-text articles, even off campus via a Proxy account
- Access Medicine – Off-line access to Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Diagnosaurus (differential diagnosis tool), and The Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests
The guide also features a curated collection of apps not provided through the library that are related to student study resources, drug guides/calculators, and other journal/e-book apps.
The Becker Library Medical Apps Resource Guide is available at http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/mobileresources.