Thanks to the thoughtful feedback provided by faculty, staff and students during the initial pilot phase, the School of Medicine recently decided to extend the pilot of Profiles at Washington University School of Medicine through the end of 2020.
Among the changes planned in this next phase of the pilot are:
- Expanding the scope to include profiles for instructors (Phase One included only professors, associate professors and assistant professors)
- Adding profiles for new faculty and updating titles and affiliations in existing faculty profiles
- Including better ways to represent the breadth of faculty interests and expertise
- Dramatically improving the process for faculty members to modify their profiles
- Evaluating enhancements to faculty profiles, such as including NIH grant information and other types of scholarly works
- Educating administrative units on Profiles’ rich reporting features
Profiles is a faculty information and profiling system developed by Elsevier. Its implementation at the School of Medicine is sponsored jointly by the Office of the Dean, Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS), and medical school departments. Becker Library will continue to provide maintenance and user support for Profiles in addition to working with Elsevier to ensure data quality and timely resolution of issues.
For more information about Profiles or to schedule a demonstration for your department or group please contact the Profiles Support Team at Becker Library.