Becker Medical Library collects resources for specialties throughout the medical campus. An overview of psychiatry and psychology resources is below. Please note that you need to be on the WUSM internet network or logged-in to your Becker proxy/remote access account to access these resources.
- PsycInfo: Similar to searching PubMed, but focused on psychiatry and psychology resources. Includes articles, book chapters, and technical reports.
- Cochrane Library: Browse the “Mental Health” topic to find Cochrane Group systematic reviews.
Measurement Tools/Assessments/Scales/Surveys Resources:
- PsycTests: Provides a collection of psychological measures, scales, surveys and other instruments. Records for each citation includes information about how to access the scale/instrument if not available for download in the database. Users can search by test/scale/measure title or author, or by general concepts like anxiety or depression. Here are a few examples of scales/measures you can download from PsycTests:
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI): Also provides access to some psychiatry/psychology assessments and measurement tools.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook: Produced by the Buros Institute of Mental Measurements at the University of Nebraska, the Mental Measurements Yearbook provides users with a guide to over 2,700 testing instruments (includes test psychology, education, and business test products)
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of mental Disorders 5th Edition (DSM-5) (Can also access remotely: https://beckerguides.wustl.edu/mobileresources/dsmv)
- Clinical Key: Psychiatric/Mental Health Books; Neuroscience/Neurology Books
- Access Medicine: Psychiatry text books (including Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry)
If you have questions about accessing these resources or about other psychiatry resources, please contact Becker Library at email@example.com.