Library operations continue to return to a new normal. The Information Service Desk at Bernard Becker Medical Library is staffed and ready to assist with your research and study needs, both in person and via firstname.lastname@example.org. The library building is accessible to students, faculty, residents, and postdocs with a valid School of Medicine ID badge.
There are several ways to check out circulating items while maintaining social distance.
Option 1: Pre-order for pickup.
Request items through the catalog by logging in with your WUSTL Key credentials. Library staff will email you when items are checked out and ready for pick up. Retrieve items at your convenience from a cart just inside the library entrance.
Option 2: Use touchless self-checkout.
Find your desired item in the stacks. Use your mobile device to take a picture of the barcode and call number label on the inside back cover of the book (A CD or DVD inside the back cover will have a separate barcode to provide). Email it to email@example.com from your wustl.edu email. Library staff will confirm the checkout and due date by email.
Not carrying your phone? Write the call number and barcode information on a printed form available at the Information Services Desk. Library staff will confirm the checkout and due date by email.
Option 3: Curbside pickup
Curbside pickup can be arranged for borrowers who do not have building access.
Option 4: Traditional checkout
Traditional checkout is also available at the Information Services Desk.
Other things to know
- Each patron may check out up to 15 items.
- Most items are checked out for one month.
- Reference books (with red “Reference” tape on the book spine) may not leave the library.
- In order to enter Becker Library, you must complete self-screening and visit a screening checkpoint. See Campus-Access Screening for more information.
- Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose at all times while using the library. See the School of Medicine’s Campus Safety Procedures for more information.