Becker Library’s resident EndNote expert, Coordinator of Education Services Kim Lipsey, is available to meet one-on-one via Zoom for EndNote troubleshooting and assistance – simply contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
She is available to answer any EndNote-related questions you may have. Examples of issues Kim has helped with include:
- How do I link references into manuscripts?
- How do I create standalone bibliographies?
- How do I import references?
- How do I accessing full-text articles?
- How do I resolve conflicts from older versions?
- When I try to update my references in a Word document, I get an error message that says “Encountered an improper argument.”
- I have a Mac and I have my library and data file saved on Box and I can’t open my database. How can I fix this?
- I was following the instructions for “EndNote Users: Grab full-text articles while working remotely.” I uploaded a desktop application, but this is a trial for 30 days. I accepted but I do not have a number they ask for.
- When people access our shared library or edited citation styles, we are suddenly unable to sync our desktop license to our endnote web account.
- I recently received edits back from a co-author and am adding a citation to my manuscript. I am now unable to add citations to my manuscript – how do I remedy this issue?
- I recently updated my MacBook to Catalina and can no longer open that version of EndNote.
- I obtained the student EndNote program, but they are recommending that I uninstall the already-installed trial EndNote that I downloaded. I worry that I will end up losing my library and will not be able to recover it. How can I make sure it gets saved?
- I need assistance on the step-by-step process for adding a new journal reference style to an existing EndNote like Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition ref style?
Manuscript Preparation Resources Subject Guide