Did you know you can access many of the most popular medical apps through Becker Library? Here are some you can use without purchasing a personal license:
- UpToDate: A point-of-care resource with updated clinical summaries. (UpToDate access is provided by BJC)
- UnBound Medicine/UCentral: Access The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, The Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, and 5 Minute Consult, all from your mobile device. After installing the app you can use these resources offline.
- Read by QxMd: This app allows you to find and access journal articles easily from your mobile device. You can also store your Becker proxy log-in information for quicker access to full text articles from Becker Library.
- Access Medicine: This app provides access to the following resources: Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Diagnosaurus (differential diagnosis tool), and The Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests. Some resources can also be used offline.
- ClinicalKey App: Offers access to thousands of Elsevier eBook and journal titles, along with point-of-care resources and tools.
Please note that for most of these resources you will need to create an account while logged-in to the WUSM network. If you are off campus you will need to be logged-in to Becker proxy or WUSM VPN before creating an account. Some apps, like UpToDate, also require you to periodically log-in to your account while on the WUSM network (Becker proxy or WUSM VPN) to maintain access.
Find more information about our mobile medical app collection along with installation instructions for all apps here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or experience problems installing or accessing our collection of mobile medical apps.