The following was updated at 3:50 p.m. on March 17, 2020, with new information on building access.
With the university’s March 11 COVID-19 policy announcement, Becker Library will be taking extra steps to curtail the spread of COVID-19. We’ll continue to provide coronavirus-related updates and resources on a dedicated webpage: becker.wustl.edu/covid-19.
- All Becker Library classes, seminars, and workshops scheduled through April 30 will be available only as virtual sessions when practical or canceled.
- Becker Library is extending temporary proxy server access to faculty, staff and postdocs in the Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences (DBBS) at no charge through June 30 so that people working from home will have full access to our resources. All School of Medicine faculty, staff and students can simply enter their WUSTL Key on the proxy login screen, no new set-up required.
- Penalties for overdue materials will not be enforced through April 30.
- As of 6 p.m on March 17, 2020, the library building will controlled access only (badge swipe). The information services desk will not be physically staffed. Until the university returns to normal operations, we will operate a virtual information services desk via firstname.lastname@example.org and 314-362-7080 (voicemail only, so email will get a faster response). Virtual desk hours will be posted here soon.
- The library will remain accessible to School of Medicine faculty, students, residents, and postdocs by card swipe at any time. Notice of the university’s current visitor policy will be posted at the entrance.
Becker Library will continue to operate as normally as possible while doing all we can to keep our staff healthy and not propagate COVID-19.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
Director, Becker Medical Library