Resources, programs, and partnerships to encourage healthy lifestyle habits among faculty, staff, students, and patients.
Popular titles this year included:
- “The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma” by Bessel van der Kolk
- “The Broken Heart of America” by Walter Johnson
- “When Breath Becomes Air” by Paul Kalanithi
New acquisitions, additional space
The Health and Wellness Information Center received an additional 27 linear feet of custom shelving. The new shelf space was installed to accommodate the expanding book collection, which now formally includes an intensified focus on collecting resources related to diversity, equity and inclusion, in addition to the more general health and wellness scope.
In partnership with the School of Medicine, The Feuerstein Health & Wellness Information Center began offering small grants to fund projects that promote wellbeing among students, post-docs, residents and fellows. Six initiatives were funded in FY22:
- Healing room book collection
- Student hiking club
- Narrative medicine group
- Go Green for Red
- Resident & Fellow Book Club
- Hap-pup-py Hour (dog petting event)