Becker Medical Library would like to welcome the Class of 2021 to Washington University School of Medicine! Below are some of our information services and resources that will help you make the most of your time here at WashU.
In order to use most of Becker Library’s electronic collection, you will need to be on the WUSM internet network. You can find WUSM internet connections in all WashU buildings, including Becker Library and the Farrell Learning and Teaching Center. You can also access the WUSM network from off campus via your proxy account – simply log in to your proxy account from this address: https://login.beckerproxy.wustl.edu/login.
- M1 Resource Guide: This guide includes links to journal articles and e-book texts for M1 courses, including physiology, human body, immunology and Practice of Medicine.
- Becker Library Mobile Apps: This guide provides a comprehensive list of apps available to you via Becker Library subscriptions including UpToDate, UCentral/Unbound Medicine, Clinical Key and Read by QxMD.
Database Resources (find the latest research!)
- PubMed: Database of over 27 million biomedical citations.
- Embase: Literature database that is even more comprehensive than PubMed, especially in the areas of drug/pharmacology research and international journal coverage.
- CINAHL Plus: Nursing and allied health literature.
- UpToDate: Evidence-based clinical summaries.
- ClinicalKey: Clinical summaries, e-books and multimedia materials.
- AccessMedicine: E-books, Case Files Collection and other quick reference guides.
- Becker Library Catalog: Search for print/electronic books, journals and other resources.
- Becker Library Hours and Access Restrictions
- Research Pod: Computers located on the library's main floor that are loaded with specialty software products like Photoshop, SPSS and Endnote.
- Mortimer the Disarticulated Skeleton: Check out pieces of Mortimer (arm, foot, shoulder, etc.) to study for anatomy exams.
- Interlibrary Loan: Allows you to obtain books or journal titles not available at Becker Library.
Have questions or need help? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 362-7080. You can also contact any of our Becker Medical Library staff directly using the information here: https://becker.wustl.edu/about/departments-staff