September 18, 2020
The SnapGene license model is changing and the pricing model below is no longer accurate. New registrations are not being accepted while Becker Library prepares. Current users will receive an email with instructions and the new registration will be posted when we are ready to accept users under the new model. Thank you for your patience.
SnapGene molecular biology software allows you to easily plan and simulate your DNA manipulations, visualize ORFs, reading frames, and primer binding sites, automatically record steps in a cloning project, and share annotated sequence files with other researchers.
SnapGene is available to the Washington University community in the annual license packages listed below (Mac or PC).
- 1-pack = $147.50 (per year)
- 2-pack = $247.50 (per year)
- 3-pack = $322.50 (per year)
- 4-pack = $397.50 (per year)
- 5-pack = $447.50 (per year)
- 6-pack = $497.50 (per year)
- 7-pack = $547.50 (per year)
- 8-pack = $597.50 (per year)
- 9-pack = $647.50 (per year)
- 10-pack = $697.50 (per year)
- any additional license thereafter is $42.50 (per year)
The SnapGene license year runs from November to November, with license costs prorated for users that sign up in the middle of the license year.
- Download and license via Becker Library – SnapGene Registration
Becker Library Contact
If you have any questions about SnapGene, please contact Marcy Vana at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-362-2796.