We’re excited to announce we’ve recently launched a Becker Library Instagram account (follow on Instagram @BeckerLibrary) and will be holding an Instagram scavenger hunt from Oct. 15-31 as part of our Becker Library Reopening Celebration. See below for rules and instructions for participation. Happy hunting!
Instructions and Rules for Participation
- The scavenger hunt will run from Oct. 15, 2018 – Oct. 31, 2018. Entries posted after 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31, 2018, will not be eligible to win prizes.
- Participants must be affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine to win prizes.
- To participate, take a picture of at least five (5) items on the list below.
- Post the pictures to Instagram* and be sure to tag @beckerlibrary along with the coordinating hashtag in your caption for each post. Tagging and appropriately hashtagging each post is required for prize eligibility!
- Participant accounts must be set to public, and posts must remain visible, until the end of the game.
- Instagram “stories” will not count as entries – only Instagram posts.
- Becker Library may share entries (whether submitted via Instagram or email) on Becker Library’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, website, etc.
- Be respectful! Only use photos of people who are okay with having their photo taken.
*If you would like to enter without posting pictures to Instagram, send your photos (clearly labeled with hashtags) to Laura Simon at email@example.com.
- All prizes will be awarded following the game’s conclusion at midnight on Oct. 31, 2018. A minimum of five (5) different entry posts from the list is required to be eligible for prizes.
- At the conclusion of the game, all eligible participants will be entered into a raffle drawing to win a $25 Kaldi’s Coffee gift card.
- An additional $25 Kaldi’s Coffee gift card will be awarded to a different eligible participant (i.e. not the same person who won the raffle drawing) for best display of creativity, as determined by the Becker Library reopening planning committee.
- Prizes and award process are subject change depending on participation.
The Scavenger Hunt
Submit images of a minimum of five (5) of the following:
- Complete a coloring page from our rare books collection (materials available at the library’s front desk as of 9 a.m. on Oct. 15) and show us your colored-in creation. #BeckerColors
- Take a pic of a book at Becker that’s at least 400 years old (no flash, please!). #OldBooks
- Download UpToDate Anywhere and upload a screenshot from your mobile device. #BeckerApps #UpToDate
- Take a picture of Becker Library’s Research Pod. #BeckerSciPods
- Show us what you think is the best study spot at Becker Library. #BeckerStudy
- Attend the Becker Library Reopening Celebration on Oct. 25, 2018 and post a pic from our photo booth. #BeckerLibrary
- Get creative and take a “shelfie” in the Becker Library stacks. #BeckerShelfie
- Find the 1831 edition of Mary Shelley’s book “Frankenstein” in the Glaser Gallery and snap a pic (no flash, please!). #Frankenstein
- Take a pic with a book at the Feuerstein Health & Wellness Information Center #FeursteinHeatlh&Wellness #BeckerHealth
- Take a pic with a furry friend at our WashU Food Truck Row pop-up library table on Oct. 17, 2018. #Bark4Becker
- Find the print version of a clinical app available at Becker Library and snap a pic. #AppsInPrint
- Check out Becker Library’s disarticulated skeleton, Mortimer, and take a pic with your new friend (or part of him). #FindingMorty
- Show us the Madelein Veron Kraus Study Area in the library’s Lower Level. #MadeleinVeronKraus
- Get creative with a book from the free book cart #UpcycleBook