As follows is a brief overview of the 2015-2017 publications produced by authors from Washington University in St. Louis using Elsevier Scopus and SciVal. Scopus is a large database of peer-reviewed literature that contains 69 million publication records representing 25,000 journals and other sources worldwide covering the Sciences, Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities. SciVal offers access to the research performance of 8,500 research institutions and 220 countries using publication, citation and usage data from Scopus.
|Citations per Publication||9.6|
|Field-Weighted Citation Impact||2.24|
|Publications in Top 10% Most Cited Worldwide||26%|
|Only Institutional Collaboration||23%|
What do the Numbers Mean?
- Scholarly Output: Number of publications indexed in Scopus.
- Authors: Number of authors noted on the publications.
- Citations: Number of citations received by the publications.
- Citations per Publication: Average number of citations received for the publications.
- Field-Weighted Citation Impact: Ratio of citations received relative to the expected world average for the subject field, publication type and publication year. More than 1 means that the output is more cited than expected according to the global average; for example, 1.48 means 48% more cited than expected.
- Publications in Top 10% Most Cited Worldwide: Percentage of the publications in the top 10% of most cited publications worldwide.
- International Collaboration: Percentage of the publications co-authored with institutions in other countries.
- Only Institutional Collaboration: Percentage of publications co-authored with WU authors only.
- Single Authorship: Percentage of single-authored publications.
Washington University: Subject Areas Represented by 2015-2017 Publications
Washington University: Top Ten Journals Represented by 2015-2017 Publications
|Top Ten Journal Titles||Number of Publications|
|Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America||158|
|Journal of Biological Chemistry||99|
|Annals of Thoracic Surgery||91|
|Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery||80|
|Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of SPIE||80|
|JNCCN Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network||77|
|Journal of Clinical Oncology||75|
Are you interested in learning how Scopus and SciVal can be used for reporting or tenure purposes? We can run publication reports for individuals, groups or centers.
Contact Cathy Sarli or Amy Suiter.