As follows is a brief overview of the 2015-2017 publications produced by authors from Washington University in St. Louis using Elsevier Scopus and SciVal. Scopus is a large database of peer-reviewed literature that contains 69 million publication records representing 25,000 journals and other sources worldwide covering the Sciences, Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities. SciVal offers access to the research performance of 8,500 research institutions and 220 countries using publication, citation and usage data from Scopus.
|Citations per Publication||9.6|
|Field-Weighted Citation Impact||2.24|
|Publications in Top 10% Most Cited Worldwide||26%|
|Only Institutional Collaboration||23%|
What do the Numbers Mean?
- Scholarly Output: Number of publications indexed in Scopus.
- Authors: Number of authors noted on the publications.
- Citations: Number of citations received by the publications.
- Citations per Publication: Average number of citations received for the publications.
- Field-Weighted Citation Impact: Ratio of citations received relative to the expected world average for the subject field, publication type and publication year. More than 1 means that the output is more cited than expected according to the global average; for example, 1.48 means 48% more cited than expected.
- Publications in Top 10% Most Cited Worldwide: Percentage of the publications in the top 10% of most cited publications worldwide.
- International Collaboration: Percentage of the publications co-authored with institutions in other countries.
- Only Institutional Collaboration: Percentage of publications co-authored with WU authors only.
- Single Authorship: Percentage of single-authored publications.
Washington University: Subject Areas Represented by 2015-2017 Publications
Washington University: Top Ten Journals Represented by 2015-2017 Publications
|Top Ten Journal Titles||Number of Publications|
|Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America||158|
|Journal of Biological Chemistry||99|
|Annals of Thoracic Surgery||91|
|Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery||80|
|Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of SPIE||80|
|JNCCN Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network||77|
|Journal of Clinical Oncology||75|
Are you interested in learning how Scopus and SciVal can be used for reporting or tenure purposes? We can run publication reports for individuals, groups or centers.