Membership is for those not affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine but who wish to have access to services such as interlibrary loan and extended reference. Membership does not include remote access to the online journal collection. The annual membership fee, effective September 1st, 2018, is $300.
The table below outlines library services and associated fees for members compared with non-members. Fees below reflect the new rates effective 9/1/2018.
|Borrowing privileges*||Available||Not Available|
|Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan||$14 per item||$20 per item|
|Photocopying by library staff||$14 per article||$20 per article|
|Research service (special projects)||$80 per hour||Not Available|
|Citation verification services||$1.50 per citation||Not Available|
|Library access during controlled access hours (evenings and weekends)||Available||Not Available|
* Limitations apply. View Library borrower registration and circulation policies.
Memberships are available to qualified individuals from the following groups:
- Private physicians or health care professionals not affiliated with Washington University Medical Center
- Individuals acting as agents on behalf of a private company, educational institution, corporation or law firm.
Membership is not required for the following groups, which automatically receive Library privileges:
- Members of Washington University’s Century Club, Eliot Society and Dean’s Committee
- Alumni of the following Washington University programs:
- School of Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine
- Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences
- Health Administration Program
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Audiology and Communication Sciences
- Members of St. Louis Medical Society
- Members of St. Louis Dental Society
- Former WU Medical Center house staff
Becker Library’s annual membership fee is $300, effective September 1st, 2018. A Library membership card will be sent upon receipt of membership application and payment.